Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

November Flamingo 4

Hi everyone!  
One of the activities that the team over at Flamingo Scraps participates in is called the Flamingo Four.  Each month, four of the design team members are sent the same four supplies and we are challenged to see how we can each use them!  This month, our supplies were Maya Mist, a Maya Road tin, some wood veneers and some awesome trim.  

I decided to create a shadowbox out of my Maya Road tin.  I dug through all of my stuff that I collected while we were in Hawaii, and found this awesome postcard (that I had completely forgotten that I had picked up).  I also found and loved the turquoise paisley background paper, but it was too bright to go with the colors in the postcard, so I just spritzed it with the Clam Bake Glimmer Mist and did the same with the bright white trim.  The mist gave a great color to the trim, and a little shimmer to the background paper!  I painted the rectangular wooden piece with a light coat of gesso and then wiped at it with a damp paper towel so I got a kind of whitewashed look, then I used some Jenni Bowlin rub-ons for "aloha".  I sprayed the heart veneer with both Color Shine and the Clam Bake glimmer mist to give it a bit of dimension and used some paint, Stickles and another little spritz of glimmer mist for the flower.  I decided to keep the slogan portion of the tin, so I rubbed it with a little teal Staz-On and added a little more of the patterned paper around the edge.  I just glued the flower and butterfly on the edge and presto!  Done!


Head over to the Flamingo Scraps blog to check out what Erin, Ramona and Cindy did with the same supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment