Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

April Flamingo Four

Hi everyone!
Alicia here with my latest Flamingo Four creation!  This month, we were given Pink Paislee's "Parisian Anthology" Dimensions Corrugated Alpha, one package of Prima Raja Sequin Centers, one Maya Road Kraft Mini Calendar, and one Graphic 45 Metal Clothespin.

I was really stumped on how to bring these items together (especially that clothes pin... man is that thing solid!)  But, since the sequin centers were navy, they sort of reminded me of the hand-beaded flowers that my husband's Aunt Carol made for my wedding bouquet, so I thought I would put together a little frame with our last name, and one of the little calendars with our anniversary circled to help my husband remember the important date.  I used some inks and colored the letters and arranged them on some cardstock to fit the frame.  I then added the sequin centers as accents to the letters and nestled that calendar in.  Because of the heft of the clothes pin, I just adhered it into the corner so the frame itself could help support it, with the sentiment "Remember" facing outward.


This is always such a fun project to do!  Head over to the Flamingo Scraps blog to see what the rest of the talented ladies on the design team came up with these same supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment